WHAT TO DO FIRST: Determining ownership structure is the first step in starting a business. Many companies jump right in and realize they should have decided legal structure first. Each structure has its advantages and disadvantages: Sole Proprietor (Owner), Partnership (General or Limited), Limited Liability Partnership, Limited Liability Company, Corporations (Different Types), Fiduciary, Association, Business Trust, etc. If you are using a business name, you should check the availability with the Secretary of State, and check to see if you should register it with them at 614-466-3910 or http://www.sos.state.oh.us/. You should also check with your local Zoning Department, to see if you may transact a business from the desired address.
THE INFORMATION PROVIDED BELOW IS FOR BUSINESSES OPERATING A LOCATION IN FRANKLIN COUNTY. PLEASE CONTACT YOUR COUNTY AUDITOR IF YOUR BUSINESS IS LOCATED IN ANOTHER COUNTY.
Changes in Vendor's Licenses:
- Elimination of Vendor's License renewals.
- Elimination of Limited Vendor's License.
- Elimination of requirement to get new license when Vendor changes address in the same county.
- Lowering of fee for Transient Vendor's License setting fee for each license to $25.
Visit the State of Ohio Department of Taxation to determine what type of Vendor's License to purchase, and links to different types of Vendor's License Applications.
The State of Ohio Department of Taxation changed its Vendor License Program in July 2014. As a result of the changes Vendor License reports will be available on a monthly basis.
- October 2018 (Excel), October 2018 (.PDF)
- September 2018 (Excel), September 2018 (.PDF)
- August 2018 (Excel), August 2018 (.PDF).
- July 2018 (Excel), July 2018 (.PDF).
- June 2018 (Excel), June 2018 (.PDF).
- May 2018 (Excel), May 2018 (.PDF)
- April 2018 (Excel), April 2018 (.PDF)
- March 2018 (Excel), March 2018 (.PDF)
- February 2018 (Excel), February 2018 (.PDF)
- January 2018 (Excel), January 2018 (.PDF)