Manufactured homes such as mobile homes are required to be registered with the county Auditor’s office, according to Ohio Revised Code 4503.061(A). In addition, the Auditor’s office is responsible for processing any transfers of a title for a manufactured home. Transfer & Conveyance hours and location can be found here. To schedule an appointment, please contact the Manufacrued Homes section at 614-525-3253 or email us at AUDR_ManufacturedHomes@franklincountyohio.gov
how to transfer a title
Step 1: Verify All Taxes are Paid
- Verify with the Treasurer’s office that all manufactured home taxes are paid in full.
- You can contact the Treasurer’s office by phone at (614) 525-3438 or online at: http://treasurer.franklincountyohio.gov
- If the manufactured home is eligible for the Homestead tax credit, please complete the DTE 101 form and bring it with the title to the Franklin County Auditor’s office. You can find the DTE 101 form online at: www.franklincountyauditor.com
Step 2: Present Title In-Person at the Auditor's Office
- You must present the title in-person to the Franklin County Auditor’s office Transfer & Conveyance department, located at 373 S. High Street, 19th Floor, Columbus, Ohio 43215.
- Hours: Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 12:00pm and 1:00pm – 4:00pm
- A Transfer and Conveyance fee must be paid unless the transfer is exempt.
- The Auditor’s office will verify all taxes are paid and complete the required Transfer and Conveyance forms before stamping the title for transfer.
Step 3: Treasurer's Office Validation Stamp
The Auditor’s office will work with the Treasurer’s office to affix a red validation stamp if all taxes are paid in full.
Step 4: Franklin County Title Services (614)525-3090
- Once you have received your Transfer and Conveyance stamp and Treasurer’s stamp, proceed to one of the following Franklin County Title Services agencies for the new title.
- Main/South Branch, 45 Great Southern Blvd, Columbus, Ohio 43207
- North Branch, 980 Morse Road, Columbus, Ohio 43229
- East Branch, 1583 Alum Creek Drive, Columbus, Ohio 43209
- West Service Center, 4153 W. Broad Street, Columbus, Ohio 43228
- All appropriate fees must be paid before the new title is issued.
When are my taxes due?
- Taxes are due on March 1st of each year, paid to the Franklin County Treasurer. You may choose to pay the full amount on March 1st, or half on March 1st and July 31st of each year.